If the whole idea of buying bulk cacao nibs online on Amazon blows your mind, then stick to this Easiest Healthy Fudge recipe I made for my mum- it just uses regular ole’ cocoa powder, found at most any store…
If you want your nibs raw and chunky, make this Coconut Bark recipe. But toasting the nibs brings out the flavor, and improves the texture, as the toasted nibs grind up better.
- 1 1/2 c. raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. macadamias, roasted, unsalted (one 8-oz. package)
- 1 c. dates, halved (Medjool are a favorite)
- Optional: 1/2 c. raisins (if you prefer a sweeter mix)
1. Toast in oven at 375 degrees for 10 minutes in iron pan; stir once. Turn oven off and let finish toasting for 10-15 minutes more: > 1 1/2 c. raw cacao nibs
2. Process toasted cacao nibs until quite smooth. Add and process again with: > 1/2 c. melted coconut oil > 1/4 tsp. salt > 1 tsp. vanilla
3. In a big bowl, mix together blended mixture with: > 1 c. dates, halved > 1 c. macadamias > Optional: 1/2 c. raisins (for extra sweetness)
4. Spread in loaf pan, then refrigerate overnight.
5. Turn the solid fudge mixture out onto cutting board (run upside-down pan under hot water if necessary). Cut into slice; will last in refrigerator for a month or two.